It’s not even April 1st.
CNBC is getting ready to unveil the annual rankings of America’s top states for business. CNBC’s Scott Cohn joins “Squawk Box” to report on the latest.
From The White House’s official transcript:
This is just the beginning. This is one of the largest plants in the world. And when you think in terms of 20 million feet — if you build in Manhattan a million-foot building, that’s a very big building. They don’t get much bigger. And here you’re talking about more. Think of it: more than 20 million feet. And that’s probably going to be a minimal number.
So I’m thrilled to be here in the Badger State with the hardworking men and women of Foxconn working with you. Moments ago, we broke ground on a plant that will provide jobs for much more than 13,000 Wisconsin workers. (Applause.) Really something. Really something. Thank you, fellas.
Discover & share this Slap GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.
But in the real world of diplomacy it is also true placing one of the world’s leading despots alongside the power and imagery of the leader of the free world should only come when there is a significant enhancement of behavior from the one seeking to bask in the light of such attention.
There is no way to defend or rationalize this behavior. A normal person would have signed anything other than a Bible.
Sounds like the Trump Tariffs aren’t exactly working as planned. Especially given that our deficit with China grew by nearly $44 billion last year, and our deficit with Mexico jumped by nearly 15%.Also, the damage from the rising trade deficit isn’t just that we’re spending more than we’re sending out, to levels that we last saw right before the Great Recession. It’s also that we havent seen that much of an increase in wages in the US from that protection, particularly in manufacturing and agriculture.Agriculture in particular got shelled. Real exports in “foods, feeds and beverages” are down year-over-year in each of the last 4 months, and soybean exports were down more than $4 billion in 2018 vs 2017.
I still can’t get over the double standard #1: Wisconsin Republicans are in a panic over the “uncertainty” manufacturers would have if Gov. Evers dramatically reduced the manufacturers tax cut. These supposed “job creators” may see it as a penalty, and just leave out state forever.
I still can’t get over the double standard #2: On the other hand, Trump blew up every trade agreement the world depended on, and still hasn’t renegotiated and got any of them approved. Plus, tariffs are forcing farmers to lose money or go into bankruptcy, and consumers are paying about 1 percent more of their hard earned money on things they buy…yet Republicans are oddly not just cheering Trump on, but they’re saying we’ll all be better off when and if the art-of-the-deal is ever completed?
Apparently President Donald Trump derided and made fun of his former Attorney General Jeff Sessions at CPAC yesterday. And he has continued to tweet about former FBI Director James Comey in negative terms. And he still gloats about his election victory over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The fact that he just can’t let go…even in victory…is just one more infantile character flaw. It makes me wince.
The ones who fawn over Trump need to be reflected upon. If the media didn’t bleep such profanity on television news they would get backlash from offended people. But those same people are not similarly offended that the profane utterances are from Trump himself! That is the type of people the rest of us need to contend with, and try to not laugh and gag over at the same time.
The White House restricted press access Wednesday to portions of Trump’s summit with Kim. Four American journalists were barred from covering Trump’s dinner with Kim after two of the reporters called out questions to Trump at an earlier appearance. Oh, the travesty of a president being asked for accountability!
I have now spent more time in Vietnam than Da Nang Dick Blumenthal, the third rate Senator from Connecticut (how is Connecticut doing?). His war stories of his heroism in Vietnam were a total fraud – he was never even there. We talked about it today with Vietnamese leaders!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 27, 2019
GREEN BAY, WI – There’s a person who has played an important role in my life whose beliefs regarding politics and religion differ from my own. I am a progressive, liberal Democrat. She is not. We had previously agreed “not to go there”. However, last night, we did. What she told me left me wondering, “How in the world could anyone possibly believe such ridiculous shit?”
Among the beliefs she revealed were:
- Planned Parenthood intentionally performs abortions in order to harvest and sell baby body parts for large profits.
- Baby body parts that aren’t sold are cannibalized by Democrats who support abortion.
- Hillary Clinton has had 57 people shot in the back of the head to cover up the Clinton’s crimes.
- George H.W. Bush was executed years earlier and the coffin at his recent funeral was empty.
- George W. and Jeb Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama were served indictments at the funeral and are already being held at Guantanamo Bay, which was currently rebuilt to accommodate them.
- All the above were served indictments at George H.W. Bush’s funeral. Sightings of these people, including Obama’s recent attendance at the basketball game in Durham, N.D. were staged using body doubles.
- Hillary and Bill Clinton are the worst criminals ever in American history.
- The only mainstream media that can believed is Fox News and any facts provided by anyone aligned with the Democratic Party are fake.
- Trump is a Christian who attends church regularly.
- The Democratic Party is evil and full of haters.
- Trump is a brilliant businessman who has made billions of dollars and has never filed bankruptcy.
- Republicans won’t cut Social Security or Medicare, they just need to cut Welfare and Food Stamps for the overwhelming number of people who need to get a job, who don’t deserve it, and who either sell or give what they get from government programs away.
- Although she lives on Social Security, gets Medicare and lives in a rent assisted senior building, she firmly opposes Socialism because she doesn’t want the government involved in her life.
- Trump is much smarter than Democrats think and he has a plan in place to take down the entire “Deep State” that includes the CIA, the FBI and Nation Security, all who have been complicit in covering up the Clinton crimes.
As Trump Governs For His Base, The Republican Party Is Shrinking https://t.co/jkf4W0QFOI